Unless your house is among the last on Santa’s visit list, he probably has a long night ahead of him after he delivers gifts to your home on Christmas Eve.
So why not present him with a bit more than the traditional cookies and milk (and carrots for his reindeer) and show him some holiday cheer with these two delicious coffee treats.
Spiced Christmas Coffee
Santa’s may need help staying awake so helping him by providing him some delicious coffee will put you on his nice list for next year!
We found this recipe on GeniusKitchen.com. (Makes 8 cups of coffee.)
You will need:
- Three-quarters cup of chilled whipping cream
- One cup of freshly ground coffee (mild roast is best)
- Two teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- One and one-half tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Five teaspoons of ground cardamom
- One teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- One tablespoon of brandy
- One tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Seven cups of water
- Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream in a large bowl until soft peaks appear.
- Add the powdered sugar and the brandy; beat to more peaks.
- Put the ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in your coffee filter.
- Use a spoon and mix them with the coffee gently.
- Add the water to the coffee maker and brew per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour into eight cups.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. (And Santa probably desires.)
Mocha Cupcakes with Kahlua Buttercream
Santa’s a busy fella on Christmas Eve, so these cupcakes are the perfect size: he can enjoy them quickly and they won’t weigh him down too much!
We found this recipe on ObesssiveCooking.com.
You will need (for the cupcakes):
- One and one-half cups of all-purpose flour
- One-third cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- One-half teaspoon of baking powder
- One-half teaspoon of baking soda
- One-half teaspoon of salt
- One-quarter cup of vegetable oil
- Three-quarter cup of sugar
- Two large eggs
- One tablespoon of Kahlua
- Two to three tablespoons of instant coffee powder
- Three-quarter cup of water
- Cocoa powder, cookie crumbles, sprinkles, etc. for garnish
For the buttercream frosting, you will need:
- Six tablespoons of butter (room temperature)
- Two tablespoons of instant coffee powder
- Two tablespoons of milk (room temperature)
- Two tablespoons of Kahlua liquor
- One cup of confectioners’ sugar
To make the cupcakes (nine):
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, instant coffee powder, and Kahlua until combined.
- Whisk in half of the flour mixture, then half of the water. Then stir in the other half of the water and flour.
- Mix the batter until it’s uniform (don’t overmix).
- Divide the mix evenly into the muffin tins/pan. Bake for 18 minutes or until a knife/toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Let the cupcakes cool completely before covering with frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Dissolve the instant coffee powder in Kahlua and milk.
- Take a large bowl and beat the butter, instant coffee mix and confectioners’ sugar together until the frosting is smooth and thick. (Add more confectioner’s sugar if necessary to thicken.)
- Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes late on Christmas Eve (or just before Santa’s arrival) and dust them with your desired garnish.
Santa’s going to need something with which to wash those cupcakes down and we naturally recommend that you provide him with a steaming cup of Ubean Coffee. Contact one of our independent distributors soon to ensure you’ll have enough Ubean for both Santa and your family throughout the holidays.